Building and exhibiting your brand online is critical in helping your business grow and expand as online users multiple throughout the world. Whether you are looking to do website marketing, blog marketing, personal branding, or simple brand identity it is important that you understand why and how your brand will stick with your potential clients. Telling your personal or company’s story through the website will help the visitors identify with what it is you stand for and what you are offering.
1. Be Transparent – Make it clear to the visitor what it is you are trying to sell, serve, or offer. Video Marketing is great with this as you can give that message through a video that a visitor can quickly understand. Be clear and precise on what you are attempting to offer the visitor in the hopes that they will dig deeper into your website.
2. Be Real – Let the visitor see who you are. Show photos, tell your (or your CEO’s) personal background, share videos. This brand identity will give the visitor a feel that they are looking a real company and real people. Brand Me (as it is sometimes labeled) shows that the person in charge is “just like us”.
3. List Growth – You must find a way to get the casual visitors’ basic contact information. Have a newsletter that gives valuable information so they will want to sign up in order to read the latest and greatest tips within your niche. By building a list, you will have an opportunity to build a relationship with that list which in turn is the key to Brand Marketing.
4. Give Value – When someone visits your website they are looking for value. You have to give them that value very fast or they will jump off and search for your competitor. By giving real value within your niche, they will look to use as their expert in the future and come back often for the answers to their questions.
5. Ask for Referrals – This is big in the real world and it is even bigger and growing online. Sharing information through social media is the fastest way to grow your follower community quickly. Ask your users to ReTweet, Facebook post, or Linkedin post your valuable content to their network. By asking it shows that you do care about your growth and makes the visitors think about who else could use this expert advice.
6. Be Focused – When someone visits your website you don’t want their head to spin trying to figure out what it is you do or represent. Have a clear niche identified with your brand. You can’t be all things to all people. The more focused that your niche is the deeper the relationships you can build with your clients.
7. Go Talk – Find the forums online where people are looking to discuss your topic. Listen, add your advice or point, listen, listen, listen. These forums will really let you in on what is front of mind for your potential clients. This valuable information will help you focus on your offerings, services, or products.